Lecturer - Engineering
To take an active role in the delivery of quality programmes within the Curriculum area.
- To teach on a wide range of full and part-time courses, in line with the college and curriculum area specifications.
- To contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum in the school
- To prepare and mark assessments as required within the range of programmes timetabled
- To promote and participate in the delivery of Basic / Key Skills
- To be responsible for the continuous improvement in attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement of students in designated teaching groups.
- To produce full, considered and timely reports and references on students
- To participate in student interviews, enrolment and induction, open days and other liaison activities.
- To work co-operatively within a team and attend all team meetings
- To fully participate in the college’s ILT strategy including contributing to the upkeep of the section’s intranet site
- To adopt fully all curriculum initiatives adopted by the curriculum area
- To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of specialist areas
- To maintain current and appropriate resources for all course units taught including Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, and suitable teaching materials ensuring differentiated learning opportunities are in place
- To contribute to the total learning experience of students within the curriculum area
- To ensure the application of Inclusive Learning in all areas of activity
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR A POSITION PLEASE SEND A COPY OF YOUR CV TO HR@HOPWOOD.AC.UK. PLEASE REVIEW THE “GUIDANCE FOR APPLICANTS” DOCUMENT BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CV.
SALARY SCALE: £33,275 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 35 hours per week
Holiday Entitlement: 53 days
Role is due to start August 2021
CLOSING DATE: 18th April 2020