Lecturer - Art and Design
To take an active role in the delivery of quality programmes within the Curriculum area.
- To teach on a wide range of full and part-time courses, in line with the college and curriculum area specifications.
- To contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum in the school
- To prepare and mark assessments as required within the range of programmes timetabled
- To promote and participate in the delivery of Basic / Key Skills
- To be responsible for the continuous improvement in attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement of students in designated teaching groups.
- To produce full, considered and timely reports and references on students
- To participate in student interviews, enrolment and induction, open days and other liaison activities.
- To work co-operatively within a team and attend all team meetings
- To fully participate in the college’s ILT strategy including contributing to the upkeep of the section’s intranet site
- To adopt fully all curriculum initiatives adopted by the curriculum area
- To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of specialist areas
- To maintain current and appropriate resources for all course units taught including Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, and suitable teaching materials ensuring differentiated learning opportunities are in place
- To contribute to the total learning experience of students within the curriculum area
- To ensure the application of Inclusive Learning in all areas of activity
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
The ideal candidate will hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject, together with a teaching qualification, for example CertEd or PGCE. You will need to be an enthusiastic and motivated individual who can engage with students to ensure they can reach their full potential. You will be experienced in all aspects of the creative process and be able to build on the work experience aspect of the curriculum to enhance the learner experience.
Essential Specialist skills
- Relevant Degree/Teaching Qualification
- Industry experience and/or knowledge of industry processes and procedures
- Expert knowledge and confident delivery of all aspects of Art & Design
- Experience in Access and HE delivery
- MA in relevant field
Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
SALARY SCALE: £24,094- £33,275 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 35 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 23rd June 2021
Use our online portal to apply