Learning Support Officer
To be the key point of contact between curriculum area and the Learning Support Team for area of responsibility for learners with a range of additional and learning needs.
To meet the needs of learners with identified Learning Difficulties and / or Disabilities including in class and out of class support and sensory support to remove barriers to accessing learning and participation.
To implement agreed learning support with individuals and groups with a view to encourage learner independence using identified support strategies
- To be the key contact between the Learning Support Team and Programme Area/s and liaise with key staff and course tutors regarding learners with additional needs.
- To provide appropriate learning support for groups and /or individuals with identified Learning difficulties and / or Disabilities. Including in and out of class support, unstructured times, residential activities, educational visits or work experience.
- To provide learning support (in class, small group and 1:1 support) for those learners identified as having additional support needs for literacy and numeracy.
- To Implement and provide out of class support for identified learners with social and emotional needs, developing resources to support social/study skills for learners in the curriculum area/s.
- To contribute to the planning, differentiation and target setting for learners needs with curriculum staff, SSTs and the wider Student Support and Learning Support teams.
- To record, review and adapt strategies throughout the academic year using student ILP and other college systems and monitor the quality of SMART targets for area of responsibility
- To promote equality and integration for VI/HI learners with curriculum and the wider college
- To take a lead advisory role in utilising a variety of assistive technology, specialist software to support learners with the use of specialist equipment and software and promote independence.
- To support the applications process for prospective students and ensure that all required information is made available, liaising with parents/carers, previous schools/colleges and external agencies.
- To support the Learning Support Manager, Learning Support Coordinators and Learning Support Officers to carry out Healthcare Plans, PEEPs, exam access concessions and specialist equipment and software are in place.
- To work closely with the Learning Support Manager and Learning Support Coordinator to review support for learners based on assessment evidence, the EHCP and High Needs Funding, to put a staffing plan in place to meet individual needs within the curriculum area/s.
- To advise and guide the Inclusive Learning Assistants working within the Programme Area/s, support peer mentoring of new staff, and feedback to the Learning Support Coordinators regarding meeting KPIs
- To support learners with personal care and medical needs including administration of medication where indicated in their Healthcare Plan.
- To provide electronic or manual notetaking as required
- To support the process in place for Exam Access Arrangements, helping gather tutor evidence and attendance by learners to EAA assessment meetings.
- To develop and assist the integration of students by supporting the transition process and enrichment activities.
- To develop and adapt accessible resources and materials including VI/HI accessible resources for learners prior to lessons to maximise all learning opportunities.
- To develop positive working practices with external agencies in order to gather accurate information to inform learning support.
- To engage in continuous professional development.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
SALARY SCALE: £20,221.83 pro rata, per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 30 hours per week, 40 weeks worked per year
CLOSING DATE: 19th February 2020
Use our online portal to apply