Learning Support Coordinator
To support the Learning Support Manger to line manage and deploy a team of Learning Support Assistants and organising the recruitment, induction and training of staff.
To oversee timetabling of staff to assist students who have been identified as benefitting from in-class and examination support due to a Special Educational Need and/or Disability.
To support the effective running of the EHCP review process, liaising with curriculum team and oversee exam access arrangements and assistive technology.
To provide high quality innovative, holistic support provision for learners with Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities/SEND.
- To line manage and deploy Learning Support Assistants and carry to support high needs learners
- To carry out and oversee the reviews of Education, Health and Care plans including tracking and timescales.
- To coordinate and plan annual reviews with the young person, parents/carers, key staff and external agencies. This includes chairing annual review meetings, reviewing support, provision and outcomes as well as setting SMART target and recording meeting notes on college systems.
- To carry out person-centred planning, collate and share information prior to reviews taking place. To complete review documentation and share with relevant parties.
- To be the key point of contact between Inclusive Learning and the Programme Areas for All learners with additional learning needs through shared planning, expertise and knowledge of learning difficulties/disabilities/SEND, Education Health and Care and High Needs planning.
- To promote independence, achievement and progression for learners within the four areas of need (Communication and Interaction, Cognition and Learning, Social Emotional and Mental Health, Sensory and Physical Needs).
- To ensure that specialist assessment and ongoing support arrangements meet the individual needs of learners and are in accordance with legislative requirements and learner support plans (eg Health Care Plans).
- To be responsible for ensuring effective links with curriculum regarding timetabling, planning and adaptations for supported learners.
- Ensure all learners with Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) and ‘high needs’ are identified and ensure suitable support is planned. Ensure all costs for High needs learners are identified and costed using College data systems
- Keep a comprehensive tracking system for learners with an EHCP and required Annual Reviews across all programme areas and for work-based provision
- To take a lead role in coordinating the processes in place for Exam Access Arrangements, gathering tutor evidence and attendance by learners to EAA assessment meetings.
- To provide specialist advice on LLDD issues within the college.
- To liaise with local authorities and external agencies, and signpost learners to support services where required.
- To develop and implement relevant staff training for the Inclusive Learning Team, and wider college, and that relevant CPD is in place for the teams.
- Coordinating caseloads of support, able to accurately interpret Education, Health and Care Plans, and assessment reports.
- To carry a limited case load providing learning support for identified LDD learners across the college
- To produce a report at the end of each term to detail the support arrangements and interventions that have been put in place across the curriculum area/s and the impact on retention, achievement and success, based on the Programme Area overview records.
- To report to Learning Support Managers and highlight concerns as appropriate.
- To support and mentor new Learning Support Officer
- Attend College Open Days, Transition events and School events as required.
- To work closely with curriculum teams to report and update on learner progress and ensure relevant support plans and strategies are delivered
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.