IT Support Apprentice
To support the IT Support Technician to provide 1st / 2nd line technical support for all network connected hardware and software including the management of VDI including (ThinApp), Desktop PC / Thin Clients, Backups, Wi-Fi, Switches, Routers, Firewalls and Servers including (Virtual) and Printing Devices.
- To assist in the Installation, configuration, and support College IT hardware and software. Assist with VMware View hardware and software environment to ensure 24 * 7 *365 availability to both Staff and Students.
- Assist in monitoring the network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability through SNMP and other monitoring tools.
- Assists in maintaining the operating system and security software utilised on the network, including the addition of new users to the network and establishment of rights and privileges.
- Ensure that all Support Tickets are responded and resolved in accordance with implemented Service Level Agreements.
- 5.Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
- OTHER INFORMATION