Invigilator / Reader & Scribe
To support students during their exams, and to ensure the smooth running of all external examinations.
- To provide exam invigilation for both paper-based and on-line examinations.
- To work with the Exams Department to resolve any student or IT issues during the exam.
- To assist with setting up exam venues by distributing exam stationery and papers in accordance with the Joint Council guidelines.
- To ensure silence is maintained throughout the duration of the examinations.
- To check attendance during examinations and record on the relevant document.
- Collect exam scripts at the end of the examination and return to the Exams Department.
- To read and scribe for students during their external examinations when required.
- To attend any training relevant to reading and scribing where available.
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
- Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
- HOURS OF DUTY: Variable hours
- SALARY SCALE: £10.56 per hour (invigilator) or £11.57 p/h (Reader & Scribe)
To apply, please send your CV to HR@hopwood.ac.uk or apply through the portal below
- Use our online portal to apply