iLearn Centre Facilitator
To facilitate student learning by guiding, advising, informing and demonstrating the use of e-Learning and the library facilities to enable them to progress successfully through their learning programme.To act as a driver for change and innovation in the development and implementation of the college VLE and other technologies that support student independent learning.To support the development of digital, information and media literacy skills of students to ensure their ability to gain maximum benefit from the technology-rich learning environment provided within the iLearn Centres, including supporting the delivery and implementation of the Digital AEB offer and Accessibility.
- Provide first line support to enable students in using the resources available within the iLearn centres, the college VLE and e-Learning content and to act as an advocate for the student where technical issues are blocking their learning progress.
- Support students’ development of information, research and digital literacy skills through day to day activities as well as the development of training sessions, workshops and materials.
- Design and deliver training programmes including inductions to the iLearn Centre and ItsLearning as well as topic specific workshops at the request of curriculum staff
- Provide on-going support for students and staff in locating and using curriculum resources including e-resources, internet-based research and traditional sources of information.
- Support the development team, progress tutors and curriculum staff in planning, using and embedding all available resources and technologies into teaching, learning and assessment activities through the VLE/iLearn Centres and in preparation for any iLearn sessions ensuring the accessibility directive is being met and adhered to.
- To assist students in the effective use of technologies in the iLearn Centres including ICT equipment, software and accessibility technology
- To monitor student engagement with the iLearn centres and usage levels of the VLE plus resources and to feed back to the development team and iLearn team leader, identifying any areas for improvement, gaps in resources or good practice.
- Liaise with curriculum staff to develop a proactive and responsive service to meet the subject resource needs of the department, providing curriculum areas with updates on resources available across the centres and ensuring students also have access to this information.
- Oversee behaviours of Progress Tutorial Groups and Drop In areas to maintain a productive and purposeful learning environment through the application of the learner Code of Conduct and in line with the college’s disciplinary procedure and report issues to the iLearn Team Leader as and when needed.
- To work with key college staff (Curriculum staff, iLearn Team Leader, Progress Tutors, Development team) to communicate any key issues/barriers which impact negatively on the students’ experience within iLearn sessions and centres
- Contribute to the effective day to day running of the iLearn centres creating a welcoming environment with high standards of customer care including, but not limited to, undertaking general iLearn centre administration and maintenance, booking laptops, library service, the VLE and stock management,
- Work with iLearn Team Leader and Digital Learning and Accessibility Coordinator to support the enrolment, delivery and examinations of students participating in the Digital AEB offer, this may include, but not limited to, carrying out inductions, getting people enrolled, tracking and monitoring.
- Promote student’s independence and self-management through the development of positive working relationships with students using the drop-in areas, attending with their Progress tutor or using the facilities for resources.
- Contribute to the delivery of an efficient and effective iLearn Centre service to support the teaching and learning activities of the college
- Monitor and report on quality assurance procedures to ensure that the iLearn service meets the needs of the College, contributing to and working with the Head of Quality Improvement and Student Experience with regard to the iLearn Strategy, the iLearn Framework, the SAR and QIP process
- Keep professionally up to date with library, e-Learning and technology developments
- A willingness to undertake any other duties appropriate to the nature and scale of the post
SALARY SCALE: Scale Point 25 - £22,286.46 per annum pro rata
HOURS OF DUTY: 15 hours per week - Term Time Only
CLOSING DATE: 16th July 2020
Use our online portal to apply