Head of Facilities & Risk Management
The key purpose of the role is to provide effective leadership and management that provides working and learning environments for employees and learners that are compliant with health, safety and environment legislation and policy.
The post holder will be responsible for Facilities Management (including Security) and Health, Safety and Environmental which includes the management of the Facilities Team along with the Health & Safety service.
- To formulate, implement and monitor corporate Health, Safety and Environmental strategy and Asset Management Strategy and advise the Corporation and Senior Leadership Team on all matters relating to health, safety and environment.
- Develop and maintain a highly effective Facilities and Health, Safety and Environmental strategy service with robust operational procedures and systems.
- To provide reports and information to the Senior Leadership Team and Health and Safety Committee and the Employment and Finance Committee meetings.
- Lead on the planning, scheduling, costing, tendering and project management of estate improvement projects, including repair and maintenance programmes ensuring that all works are procured in line with the Financial Regulations.
- To provide an annual self-assessment report, action plan, key performance indicators and performance targets.
- To ensure that health and safety audits of the college are completed to enable legal compliance and to prepare corrective action plans where necessary, ensuring that accidents and dangerous occurrences are fully investigated, reported and recorded appropriately.
- To ensure statutory inspection, testing, and remedial action is undertaken on college mechanical and electrical infrastructure; machinery, local exhaust ventilation systems and lifting equipment.
- Maintain accurate records, registers and databases in accordance with legislation and good Facilities Management; Health & Safety & Environmental practice.
- To be responsible for the effective management of the Facilities Management; Health & Safety & Environmental and relevant capital budgets.
- To provide management and support to college First / Emergency Aid and Fire Marshal teams.
- To provide joint consultation and negotiation with Trades Union health and safety representatives and management on matters concerning health, safety and environment
- Develop and implement sustainable practices, to reduce the environmental impacts of the organisation, including optimising the energy efficiency of the estate to reduce costs and comply with legislative requirements (CRC).
- Develop and maintain systems for business continuity and risk management.
- Undertake and keep records of risk assessments prior to any activities being implemented on site and follow the risk assessment procedure of the organisation.
- Report incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with the organisational policies.
- To represent the college in liaison with enforcement agencies, insurers, funding bodies and contractors.
- To participate in training courses and staff development programmes as appropriate to the post.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by your line manager (or nominated representative).
- To manage, monitor and control the Estates related budgets, reviewing monthly and providing annual budget requests for both revenue and capital.
- Contribute to the on-going review and development of the Estates Strategy ensuring that the current and future requirements are fully reflected in this strategy on an annual basis.
SALARY SCALE: £47,295.29 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 37 hours
Holiday Entitlement: 35 days plus bank holidays (and a holiday purchasing scheme)
CLOSING DATE: 22nd January 2020
Use our online portal to apply