Head Catering Technician - Fixed Term
Providing support and co-ordination within the educational needs, of the catering and hospitality department ensuring that day to day operations are legally compliant. Responsible for the day to day operations of the catering practical education, liaising with tutors and collating and processing all lesson requisitions
- Highly effective management and control of stock including lesson allocation and redistribution for retail to ensure highly cost control and measures are maintained
- Provide highest quality produce at the best price by liaising with suppliers and tutors.
- Effective management and recording of budget cost centres
- To construct and deconstruct food trolleys and equipment required for educational classes
- To be proactive oversee and undertake Food storage, Stock rotating and Stock control to comply with legislation.
- To report month end stock takes in accordance with college policies and procedures
- To support lecturers to enable consistent delivery of outstanding teaching and learning.
- To record and report on all class costs, and liaise with line manager if high cost values are requested to seek approval
- To effectively and efficiently use all equipment and products to minimise waste in order to create an efficient working environment
- Undertake and review risk assessments and ensure all working practices are compliant with legislation eg COSHH, Safer food better business, and report on servicing and malfunction of electrical equipment/Building maintenance issues and keep documentary evidence.
- To devise and monitor staff rotas/work schedules, and reschedule / relocate staff as required by the business.
- To take a hands-on approach as required to ensure excellent service is provided to all stakeholders
- To review operational/staff performance and assist in identification of staff development needs in response to regulations and legislation.
- To follow correct procedure in compliance with company policy whilst cash handling.
- To maintain compliance in training and development to ensure you are current with all regulations
- Prepare literature which meets the needs of the departmental operations, examples but not limited to cleaning schedules and marketing of products .
- To ensure continuous development and improvement of skills and professional knowledge
- To promote greener working practices to support college recycling policies
- Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
- HOURS OF DUTY: 36 per week
- SALARY SCALE: £22,960.07-£25,185.61 pro rata per annum
- CLOSING DATE: 3rd February 2021
- Click here for the role description
- Use our online portal to apply