To undertake a wide range of duties, including use of till systems and booking management systems, filing and administration, dealing with customer enquiries, stock control, cash handling, cleaning duties, health suite duties, control of all indoor and outdoor sport facilities, and the moving and setting up of equipment as required.
- To provide a welcoming environment to all visitors.
- To issue a safe fitness programme to each individual in correspondence with a signed health declaration, recommending appropriate exercise prescriptions and advice, so that members are physically able to participate in all activities.
- To assist in safeguarding the security of equipment, users and the building, by carrying out regular checks as directed by the supervisor or manager.
- To ensure implementation of all fire prevention procedures, and fire evacuation procedures are followed at all times.
- To provide a first aid service as and when required.
- To effectively demonstrate, observe and evaluate members to ensure they have a safe operational knowledge of the fitness suite and its equipment.
- To ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- To work in co-ordination with the Sports facility staff and to provide cover as necessary in the absence of staff.
- To be responsible for advice and support to members/general public and curriculum, appropriate to your skills and qualifications, including the directing of activities for users to prevent injury, misuse or damage to facilities.
- To maintain and process information using both computerised and manual records.
- To participate in a cleaning rota as designated by the centre manager including internal and external area’s and basic maintenance where necessary.
- To check and record daily floats at start and end of the shift including completion of summary sheets and the reconciliation of the monies in accordance with Hopwood Hall College financial regulations.
- The control and cleaning of all facilities including changing rooms, toilets, training rooms grass pitches external areas and Astroturf.
- To operate as a key holder in the opening and locking up of all area’s and facilities.
- To deal with enquiries face to face and by telephone concerning all activities of the Sports Arena and Sports Park.
- To provide a full reception service including all bookings, replacement of stock, operation of a computerised till and membership database. The issuing of receipts and keys, also to include the undertaking of counter sales as and when required.
- To undertake in-house and other training in order to maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of designated Fitness Centre systems and procedures, and contribute to improvements in service levels.
- Assembling, dismantling and moving of equipment.
- To play a full part in the “life of the college and community”, to support its mission, ethos and help in the development and/or participation and delivery of classes and activities as designed by the centre manager.
- Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
- To help develop the apprentice scheme and mentor and assess all new apprentices in line with key directives of the college.