Finance Assistant (Part Time)
To provide comprehensive and effective accounting and administrative assistance to support the College’s Finance function and help ensure compliance to the College’s Financial Regulations and Procedures.
Your primary responsibility will be identified according to service requirements but you will be expected to contribute to all areas within the Finance function.
- To raise, validate, process and where necessary analyse and audit check purchase requisitions /orders and invoices in line with the College’s Financial Procedures and best value for money;
- Lead on any purchase ledger system issues and support others within the team including help desk issues;
- To run the monthly aged creditors report and report on the monthly KPI for invoices paid on time and analyse movements in the month;
- To ensure that all transactions are correctly authorised and accurately input to the accounting system;
- To maintain supplier and customer detail records including compliance to GDPR;
- To reconcile supplier and customer statements to ledgers and other College systems including the student record system.To prepare or reconcile any resulting direct debits, BACS payments etc.
- To set up new users on the finance ordering system.
- To ensure complete, accurate and prompt collection, recording and banking of all College monies and undertake required audit checks or reconciliations.
- To provide assistance in the production and distribution of management information, monthly/statutory accounts, budgets, forecasts and cash flows as required – e.g. journal entry, recharges accruals, prepayments, stock reconciliations, etc;
- Provide cover for sales ledger as and when required including secondary banking & cashbook posting;
- To assist in the provision of a finance function to support other College activities e.g. enrolment;
- To perform other duties within the Financial function as requested and operate flexibly within the Finance team.
- Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
- HOURS OF DUTY: 18 per week
- SALARY SCALE: £11,189 per annum (Fixed Point 24)
- CLOSING DATE: 1st December 2021
- Use our online portal to apply