Facilities Operative (Site Caretaker)
To provide an efficient, effective and safe learning environment for students, staff and public.
- Removal of refuse internal / external. External cleaning of the grounds of the college, including signs and windows.
- To undertake porterage duties including the transportation and setting up of the furniture / equipment to meet the specified requirements. This will include setting up for examinations and furniture removals as requested for building refurbishments.
- Supervision and control of parking.
- To attend call outs as requested.
- To ensure opening and closing of buildings as required when rooms are booked or on the college timetable.
- To maintain records of deliveries and goods receipts and ensure that all goods are delivered to the school service ordering the goods and that receipts for delivery are obtained including internal / external mail.
- To complete checks and keep a record of college vehicles.
- To drive college vehicles in accordance with college requirements.
- To maintain a vehicle’s log.
- To complete statutory checks as required.
- To ensure the efficient operation of heating and hot water systems. To ensure the efficient operation and control of both internal and external lighting systems.
- To ensure that all external barriers and gates are secured when the college closes down. To ensure that all lights, other than security lights are turned off.
- To carry out minor repairs / decoration to college property and equipment within his / her capabilities and Health & Safety requirements.
- To carry out weekly fire alarm checks on all buildings, record findings, report defects.
- To undertake additional training where required, which is relevant to the type of work involved in the job. This equates to 20 hours CPD per year.
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
- Full Clean Driving License Essential
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU: A positive, inclusive and dynamic working environment within an ambitious college that has a proven track record of career development and a dedication to continuous professional development. Our state-of-the-art facilities will provide you with the resources to stimulate, inspire and continue to raise the expectations of our students. You will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your leadership and will be supported by three Programme Managers to assist you in
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR A POSITION PLEASE SEND A COPY OF YOUR CV TO HR@HOPWOOD.AC.UK. PLEASE REVIEW THE “GUIDANCE FOR APPLICANTS” DOCUMENT BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CV.
SALARY SCALE: £17,342.28 - £19,466.17 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 25th May 2021