- To carry out minor repairs to college property and equipment within his / her capabilities and Health & Safety requirements. Upkeep and repair tasks, including but not exclusive to the replacement of light bulbs, tighten cabinetry or appliance hardware, fix leaky pipes, clean drains, fix broken tiles, door closers, repair of outdoor structures and furniture.
- To use the electronic property database (TABS) to report, accept, complete and close down allocated works on a daily basis. Ensuring works requested are recorded in the system.
- To carry out weekly/ monthly fire alarm checks on all buildings, record findings, report defects.
- To ensure the efficient operation of heating and hot water systems in conjunction with the Facilities Team Leader.
- To ensure the efficient operation and control of both internal and external lighting systems in conjunction with the Facilities Team Leader.
- External cleaning and clearing of college grounds, including signs, jetting and chewing gum removal. Cleaning of building exterior, cladding, windows and gutters, removal of leaves, snow / ice, fallen branches or other debris from walkways.
- Removal of refuse internal / external.
- To undertake porterage duties including the transportation and setting up of the furniture / equipment to meet the specified requirements.
- To ensure opening and closing of buildings, including alarm setting and un-setting, both at the beginning and end of each working day, and as required when rooms are booked or on the college timetable / events.
- To ensure that all external barriers and gates are secured when the college closes down.
- To ensure that all lights, other than security lights are extinguished.
- To be available to assist with call out situations as and when required by Facilities Team Leader, Facilities Manager or Head of Facilities & Risk Management.
- To drive college vehicles in accordance with college requirements, and to maintain vehicle logs.
- To provide a porterage service to both campuses, including delivery of parcels, internal and external mail.
- To set up/decant rooms for events (conferences, exams, meetings, theatre, etc) following the specific layouts provided.
- To be responsible for effective and efficient management of Facilities supplies, maintaining and monitoring of inventory items and stock levels, ordering consumables in line with agreed processes.
- To be responsible for keeping all stores tidy ensuring that equipment is always booked in and out. Reporting any damaged and missing equipment.
- To ensure wearing of correct uniform and PPE at all times whilst on campus.