The primary purpose of this role is to support pupils, parents, teachers/influencers and community groups to engage with the College. This will be achieved primarily by face to face presentation delivery and professional interactions with these groups. The post-holder will establish opportunities to deliver inspiring and informative presentations to a range of external audiences. There will be particular focus on developing presentation opportunities with those who have had little or no engagement with the College before, growing interest in and awareness and understanding of our full range of full-time and part-time courses with all age groups across the Rochdale/North Manchester area.
The Engagement Officer will develop and maintain excellent relationships with school careers advisors, senior curriculum leaders, key partners, the Third Sector and stakeholders in the region to deliver, establishing regular opportunities to deliver school and community outreach presentations. They will play a significant part in achieving student recruitment marketing objectives. Working as an integral part of the existing Marketing Team, they will also help to organise and deliver the annual cycle of recruitment events to ensure that the college hits its recruitment targets.
- To lead on the planning and delivery of presentations on the learning opportunities at Hopwood Hall College.
- To actively and demonstrably contribute to the planning, organisation and delivery of internal and external college events to maximise student recruitment.
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all feeder schools and careers guidance services.
- To proactively seek opportunities to market the college, build relationships and recruit students.
- To recognise and respond quickly to student recruitment marketing opportunities.
- To be familiar with college learner data systems such as EBS and ProMonitor.
- To act as a Brand Ambassador ensuring consistency on all marketing collateral
- To develop excellent working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- To regularly post on social channels about external engagement activities.
- To take an active interest in monitoring competitor best practice and new and innovative ways that college recruitment marketing can improve its reach or service.
- To maintain an understanding of legislation such as GDPR.
- To assist in the collation and submission of monthly reporting content.
- To maintain records of all engagement in terms of impact, reach and return on investment.
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of personal professional knowledge.
- Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
SALARY SCALE: £24,204 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 1st March 2020
Use our online portal to apply