Engagement And Enrichment Co-Ordinator
The Engagement and Enrichment Coordinator will provide enrichment activities for all levels of learners across the college.
To develop and implement the College’s Learner Engagement Strategy.
The Engagement and Enrichment Coordinator will be a key contact for both staff and learners, enhancing the student experience. The post holder will maintain a highly visible presence across both the curriculum areas and both campuses, encouraging, supporting and leading by example to inspire a sense of responsibility and community in our learners and enhance their overall college experience in support of the college's Vision and Values.
- To work with the Head of Quality and Student Experience, learners and staff to develop, coordinate and supervise a programme of enrichment.
- To promote and encourage learners to develop employability and leadership skills and collectively support learner engagement and retention.
- In line with guidance from the Head of Quality and Student Experience plan, run and monitor an annual programme of clubs, trips and activities for learners to take part in, both independently and in liaison with curriculum staff.
- To work pro-actively with the learners, staff and relevant outside agencies to develop, promote and implement an inclusive and comprehensive programme of cross college activities which are relevant to learner needs, and provide opportunities for social and personal development.
- To develop, co-ordinate and support a programme of cross college learner engagement activities including focus weeks, learner voice events, focus groups, feedback events etc. providing evidence of impact for Learner Voice in the college and to shape the Learner Engagement Strategy.
- Regularly review the impact of all activities to ensure they are developing learner attributes, positive behaviours and attitudes which underpin achievement and progress.Make timely interventions where improvement
- To promote and maintain an effective alumni network
- To support Progress Tutors in the coordination of guest speakers and presentations
- To actively encourage participation in learner engagement and enrichment activities and use Promonitor to track and report on participation within the college.
- To support the development and organisation of the Student Cabinet and Student Governor within the college ensuring that effective communication and consultation mechanisms exist between learners and the Wider Management Team. Oversee the organisation of learner input in learner disciplinary hearings.
- To ensure utilisation and resources are checked in the Learner Social Spaces and for other learner spaces and to support the coordination of activities in the social spaces.
- Manage the Inspiring Digital Enterprise Award (Duke of York)
- To improve participation rates in relevant local, regional and national competitions and to work alongside curriculum staff to facilitate the participation of learners in organised leagues and competition, both internally and externally.
- To proactively encourage learners to develop themselves by being a positive and visible influence around the college campus.
- To work with curriculum staff to organise a calendar of one-off charity and promotional activities.
- To work as part of the Quality team collaboratively with other internal and external partners to develop a coherent approach to employability and leadership development and learner voice.
- To work to expand external opportunities available to learners both with local providers and with enrichment schemes through positive links with the local community and service providers to young people.
- To build relationships with learners and advocate their views, opinions and needs.
- Working with the wider management team, develop a broad understanding of the learner dynamics across the campuses and to work actively with individuals and groups of learners to develop a supportive and friendly environment.
- Work with the Programme Managers and the Progress Tutors to monitor and regularly review take up of enrichment activities.
- Produce relevant reports which can then be interpreted by the Wider Management Team, which will result in an annual quality improvement plan.
- To keep abreast of local and national developments in the operation and funding of the enrichment curriculum.
- As guided by the Head of Quality and Student Experience oversee and monitor the college’s enrichment budget for learner activities.
- To ensure that all trips and enrichment activities go ahead in accordance with the college policies and agreed safety codes including completing all the necessary visit forms and risk assessments in relation to the agreed enrichment delivery.
- Link with the regional operations officer and the expedition provider to offer the Duke of Edinburgh
- In conjunction with the Health and Wellbeing team be alert to general on course support issues and to work at all times with the best interests of learners at heart.
- To assist with general learner support activity and additional events such as open evenings and enrolments as required.
SALARY SCALE: £22,286.46 per annum pro rata
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week (term time only)
CLOSING DATE: 23rd July 2020
Use our online portal to apply