Digital Blended Learning Champion
This exciting role has been funded by the DfE College Collaboration Fund to enable the Greater Manchester Colleges Group (which includes Hopwood Hall College) to improve the blended learning offer to all of our learners. The post will be funded until the end of the academic year and will enable us to focus on equipping our staff with the skills and knowledge they need to support learners in a digital world. The post holder will work with colleagues within each department to develop blended learning models and build tutor capability and capacity for successful delivery of blended learning. They will work closely with staff to improve the digital offer linked to designing, developing and supporting the creation of high quality, blended sessions that further develop the skills and knowledge of our learners. They will also play a leading role in providing guidance, training and support for staff with a view to upskilling staff and improving digital capabilities both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Collaborate with curriculum staff and progress tutors to support the development of a blended approach to teaching, learning and assessment in each curriculum area
- Work with other Greater Manchester Colleges Group and with internal curriculum departments to develop blended learning models appropriate to the subject/sector area and establish activity plan and inform blended and digital strategies.
- Collaborate with the Advance Practitioners to identify models of good practice and also highlight any CPD needs and priorities in and across curriculum areas and use this information to design and develop a programme of workshops for staff to access to further develop their knowledge, skills and confidence with regard to digital and blended learning.
- Lead on the development of digital communities of practice within the college to ensure staff have access to support throughout the year, Setting up, developing and monitoring a staff and learner support area on the VLE to include bitesized videos and ‘how to’s’ plus step by step guides to enable staff and students to work and further develop their skills independently when required.
- Support the delivery of CPD activity within the college and for wider use across the Greater Manchester Colleges group, working with the Learning Technologists
- Integrate blended learning into the college and curriculum areas quality improvement plans
- Attend project team meeting every 2 weeks to provide update and feedback with regards to the project development and achievements,
- Share and disseminate practice through the wider GM community
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of the digital resources, the utilisation of the systems and the impact of all on the learner experience by using system reports and provide monthly update reports on activity, both quantitative (participation in activity) and qualitative including learner and tutor voice.
- Where applicable, liaise with the iLearn team with regard to sourcing/creating required content, software or digital tools to improve the learner experience with blended learning
- Work with the Digital Learning and Accessibility Coordinator to support staff development and skills around production of resources for both online and in class to ensure accessibility.
- Monitor and report on quality assurance procedures to ensure that the iLearn service meets the needs of the College, contributing to and working with the Head of Quality Improvement and Student Experience with regard to the iLearn Strategy, the iLearn Framework, the SAR and QIP process
- Keep professionally up to date with e-Learning and technology developments
- Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.