Digital Administrator (Fixed Term - 12 months)
The post holder will be expected to:
Your role will include developing materials which can be used for learning and assessment across all college courses. Support the Digital Learning Manager with the development of the VLE and to ensure that curriculum staff and learners are able to fully utilise the capacity of the VLE and other e-Learning Technologies.Support curriculum staff in learning sessions with the use of digital tools such as VR.
- Proactively promote the development of e-Learning across the College.
- Work with the Digital Learning Manager to ensure the VLE is providing an outstanding platform to support learning.
- Provide training to all teaching staff to ensure that they can fully utilise the VLE in the delivery of their teaching programmes.
- Provide technical support to ensure the VLE and other Digital platforms are maintained and updated when required.
- Ensure the maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting linked to the VLE and any other systems linked to the Quality Team. This includes general admin, set up and training and support for staff and students.
- Work closely with Its Learning and other software providers to maximise the potential of the VLE.
- To audit and prepare reports on VLE usage and user engagement.
- Provide support to the Digital Learning Manager in designing and developing bespoke e-Learning content and resources which are accessible to all learners.
- Review new and relevant technologies and disseminate best practice to staff.
- Develop, maintain and present relevant training packages and resources at request.
- Develop materials to support the training of staff and students.
- Support the use of other e-Learning technologies as they become available.
- Keep professionally up to date with e-Learning and Technology developments.
- Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
SALARY SCALE: £14,877.60 per annum i.e. £24,778.93 pro rata per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 25 hours per week, Term Time Only (Fixed Term)
CLOSING DATE: 29th June 2022
Role is due to start August 2022
Use our online portal to apply