Design and Print Apprentice
To actively contribute to providing a high quality Design & Print service to the College and external customers. To provide support to the Reprographics Officer and Graphic Designer to enable the delivery of the service from initial enquiry through to distribution and billing.
- To respond professionally and in a timely manner to all enquires received by phone, by email and face to face, and deal with incoming and outgoing post for Print Services.
- To assist in the sourcing of external print quotes and take a lead role in providing estimates to clients (internally and externally).
- To monitor and track all print jobs through the workflow process ensuring all the necessary documentation and checks are carried out.
- To support with College activities such as open days/events as required.
- To ensure the maintenance of accurate and up to date records, both manual and computerised, relating to all Print Services matters including: job request sheets, quotes, external invoices, receipt of deliveries and ordering of consumables.
- To ensure prompt and accurate filing of all documentation.
- To assist other team members at peak times in Marketing.
- To contribute to team projects, with guidance, and assist with driving forward improvements.
- To undertake in-house and other training in order to develop and improve knowledge of the in-house print equipment. Maintain up to date working knowledge of both design & print and designated college systems and procedures.
- To undertake printing to meet customer demand under the guidance of the Reprographics Officer.
- Monitor, record and report on customer feedback and ensure that the service meets agreed KPI’s.
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of personal professional knowledge.
- To administrate and monitor the recharges for all print and consumables for staff.
- To undertake specific project work under the direction/guidance of the Head of Communications & Marketing.
- To work as part of the wider college community with colleagues from different departments.
- To ensure all requirements of the apprentice qualification are met.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
- Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
- HOURS OF DUTY: 36 per week
- SALARY SCALE: National Minimum Wage
- CLOSING DATE: 27th January 2022
- Use our online portal to apply