Cleaner - Term Time Only
To provide an enhanced cleaning service to the College that meets the ongoing requirements of the organisation. To diligently undertake, individually or as part of a team, the cleaning of premises owned or leased by the college, to the specified standards and room specifications in order to deliver a clean and hygienic working and learning environment.
- Undertake regular cleaning duties during term-time as specified in the cleaning manual or as instructed by your supervisor/management e.g. by designated building and/or area.
- Undertake deep cleaning duties during term-time as specified and instructed by your supervisor/management. This will require working at heights - training will be provided in advance.
- Undertake Builders clean and final clean as instructed during and following minor building works.
- Perform your cleaning duties in a diligent, effective and efficient manner in order to deliver the expected standards of cleaning, within the allocated time frame on a regular and consistent basis.
- Support your team members to meet the cleaning specification and standards expected of the service, in particular when covering absence to help create a strong team ethic,
- Use cleaning resources, consumables and equipment with due care and attention, with emphasis on efficient and effective use.
- Maintain designated storage and refuse areas in a tidy, clean and well organised conditions e.g. cleaners cupboards, recycling bays etc
- Comply with site rules relating to access to buildings, waste management and recycling to maintain an orderly and efficient approach to managing the safety and security of the campus during cleaning operations and site waste.
- Provide good customer service to College staff and management by assisting with queries relating to cleaning and referring issues to your supervisors when the matter cannot be addressed locally.
- Support the College to work towards the achievement of the Customer Service Excellence Standard and to maintain the standard.
- Pay due care and attention to the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others whilst undertaking cleaning operations. You must work in a safe manner at all times and follow employee duties and responsibilities.
- Undertake visual inspections of machinery and equipment prior to use on a daily basis.
- Familiarise yourself with all risk assessments relevant to the post, and safe operating/usage instructions for equipment, machinery and chemicals and adhere to the risk assessment procedure of the organisation.
- Comply with usage regulations and policies relation to health and safety, the safe operation and use of cleaning equipment and the safe use of cleaning chemicals in accordance with COSSH regulations and manufacturers instructions.
- Prohibit any activities / omissions of your team members that are likely to breach statuary health & Safety legislation and place employees, learners, visitors and members of the public at risk.
- Report hazards and defects using established procedures as specified by site supervisor and Health and Safety Manager.
- Responsible for safeguarding the health, safety and welfare of yourself, colleagues and any other operative under your control.
- Report incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with the organisational policies.
- Comply with the College no smoking policy and do not smoke outside the designated areas.
- All activities of the post holder must comply with the statutory health and safety legislation and the College’s health and safety policies e.g. lone working policy risk assessment policy etc.
- Undertake room safety and energy checks once each is cleaned e.g. shutting and locking windows, switching off lights and computers before you can vacate a room.
- Support departments with cleaning duties as specified and instructed by your supervisor.
- Undertake occasional portering duties during off peak times as instructed, including setting-up Class/meeting rooms, gritting, sweeping entrances, litter picking, mopping spillages, clearing snow, decanting rooms for decoration/building work etc.
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
SALARY SCALE: £18,582.70 per annum pro rata - £8,926.55 per annum (20 hours) or £16,066.51 per annum (36 hours)
HOURS OF DUTY: 20 hours per week (16:00-20:00) or 36 per week (12:00-20:00). 40 weeks
CLOSING DATE: 27th August 2022
Other info: Positions available at our Middleton and Rochdale Campuses, to be discussed at Interview
- Use our online portal to apply