To plan, prepare & produce modern contemporary cuisine in the commercial Bistro delivering an outstanding dining experience
Meet targets for commercial income across all provision.
- To devise standard menus taking into consideration seasonality and sustainability working within financial targets.
- To ensure that organisational, client and statutory policies and regulations regarding Hygiene, Health and Safety, COSHH, Fire, Security, Alarms, Energy Conservation, Recycling, Food Safety and HACCP are complied with at all times.
- To be proactive in compliance with allergens and labelling.
- To report for duty at all times at the correct time, clean, tidy, and wearing a correctly maintained uniform as per the college standard.
- To wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required when carrying out specific duties in accordance with the college Health and Safety policy.
- To prepare and present all meals and services to the bistro & college standards and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- To lead by example by upholding professional standards at all times.
- Supervising of students on work experience placements to ensure excellent customer service is provided while minimising waste and maximising profit.
- To work with the catering manager to ensure accurate stock ordering, storage and dating in accordance with food safety regulations, to ensure that supplies are properly used and accounted for.
- To allocate student duties on a rota basis to develop skills in all aspects of the kitchen and to supervise them in cooking of dishes, giving technical advice and guidance when necessary,
- To work within cost and production constraints as required in accordance with departmental requirements.
- To ensure the correct storage and labelling of food in accordance with Health and Safety and hygiene standards.
- Maintain effective team work across all areas of the department.
- Produce standardised, costed, recipe sheets ensuring that the dishes are ready to be served according to menu specification, correct portion control and the correct garnish as to the food item being served.
- Ensure that temperature checks are recorded for each meal and documented during service in compliance with safer food better business.
- Completing weekly stock take of all food items in the fridge’s, freezers and the stores within the Bistro and liaise with catering manager regarding weekly orders.
- To ensure that areas under your control are kept clean and tidy as required by food hygiene standards at all times
- To assist in other catering areas (Front of House, Hospitality, Catering) as and when requested.
- To report any complaint, compliment or incident of accident, near miss, fire, theft, loss, damage or other irregularity to the catering manager.
- To promote a friendly, helpful and professional service and co-ordinate and respond positively to staff and student feedback.
- To attend all mandatory meetings and training courses as required for the betterment of the operation and personal development
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
SALARY SCALE: £27,264.17 pro rata per annum, i.e. £26,296.29 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 per week, 44 weeks per year
CLOSING DATE: 15th August 2022
Use our online portal to apply