Hospitality and Food Service Technician
To provide co-ordination and guidance within the educational commercial restaurant, training kitchens and catering outlets, whist undertaking supervisory duties ensuring an excellent service is provided to all customers.
- To provide excellent customer service in all aspects of the departments commercial and educational areas
- To provide support to the students and tutor in the Riverside restaurant during service
- To take a hands on approach as required to ensure excellent customer service is delivered to all stakeholders
- To follow correct procedure in compliance with company policy whilst cash handling.
- Ensure all working practices are compliant with legislation eg COSHH, Safer food better business, and report on servicing and malfunction of electrical equipment/Building maintenance issues and keep documentary evidence.
- To carryout Food storage, Stock rotating and Stock taking to comply with legislation. To safely collect & deliver food produce from classes etc. to the correct areas.
- To maintain compliance in training and development to ensure you are current with all regulations
- To construct and deconstruct food trolleys and equipment required for educational classes
- To support tutors and assist with supervising andcoaching students undertaking work experience within the catering outlets experience
- To ensure accurate portion control, quality & counter service is standardised and delivered at all times
- To undertake where necessary regular cleaning of all equipment and work areas within the catering outlets
- To facilitate the hospitality requirements and events and engage with extra college activities as required
- To ensure all equipment and products are used effectively and efficiently to minimise waste in order to create an efficient working environment and increase profits
- To ensure continuous development and improvement of skills and professional knowledge
- To build and maintain effective team working relationships
- To promote greener working practices to support college recycling policies
- To carry out any other duties as requested by your line manager