Catering Assistant - Curriculum
To operate within the catering department supporting the delivery of food lessons to students ensuring a clean, tidy hygienic and safe environment
- To comply with safer food and better business ensuring a clean and hygienic working environment within the training kitchens and auxiliary rooms completing all necessary paperwork
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment to comply with Health and Safety legislation reporting issues using appropriate college systems
- To be proactive in Food Storage, Stock Rotating and Stock Taking to comply with relevant Food Safety legislation
- To support chef lecturers in the smooth running of lessons to enhance student experience i.e delivery and collection of Food Lesson boxes in a timely manner.
- To undertake regular cleaning of all equipment and work areas within the catering outlets according to daily and weekly cleaning schedules assisting with rubbish disposal and laundry duties
- Assisting the Senior Food Technician with receiving of food deliveries and setting up and breaking down of Food lesson boxes.
- To help correctly package and label student Food products for re-sale showing dietary knowledge, allergen awarenessandeffective portion control
- To help promote departmental sales showing excellent customer care skills and efficient till operation.
- To ensure continuous development and improvement of skills and professional knowledge and to engage with extra college activities as required
- To effectively and efficiently use all equipment and products to minimise waste in order to create an efficient working environment
- To build and maintain effective team working relationships
- To promote greener working practices to support college recycling policies
- Under take any other duties as required
Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
SALARY SCALE: Living Wage Foundation - £10,323 per annum i.e. £18,582 pro rata per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 25 per week, Term Time Only
CLOSING DATE: 29th June 2022
Use our online portal to apply