Catering Assistant (Rochdale)
To operate within the catering outlets preparing and serving a range of food and drink items to customers in a clean, tidy hygienic and safe environment.
- To provide excellent customer service in all aspects of the department commercially and educationally
- To prepare and sell a range of beverages, and food products
- To restock all produce to comply with safer food and better business
- Cash handling
- Maintaining a safe secure hygienic environment to comply with legislation
- To be proactive in Food storage, Stock rotating and Stock taking to comply with legislation
- Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
- To support tutors and assist with supervising andcoaching students undertaking work experience within the catering outlets experience
- To ensure accurate portion control, quality & counter service is standardised and delivered at all times
- To undertake regular cleaning of all equipment and work areas within the catering outlets
- To facilitate the hospitality requirements and events
- To engage with extra college activities as required
- To ensure continuous development and improvement of skills and professional knowledge
- To effectively and efficiently use all equipment and products to minimise waste in order to create an efficient working environment
- To build and maintain effective team working relationships
- To promote greener working practices to support college recycling policies
- Under take any other duties as required
- Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
- SALARY SCALE: £18,582.70 pro rata per annum i.e. £11,562.01 per annum
- HOURS OF DUTY: 28 per week, Term-Time Only (37 weeks)
- CLOSING DATE: 2nd June 2022
- Use our online portal to apply