Beauty Salon Instructor
To undertake the training and assessment of learners within primarily a commercial environment but, if required, a training environment. Ensure that learners improve their skills to meet or exceed industry standards through their work in the commercial salon.To meet targets for sales volume and income within the commercial salon.
- To be responsible for the management of reception, sales and customer services within the department commercial salon. Including opening and closing the commercial salon.
- Supervision, assessment, evaluation, training and monitoring of students working in the salon and reception areas (in line with awarding body and industry standards)
- Manage and supervise students to ensure that all areas of the salon are clean meeting health and safety requirements.
- Manage and supervise students to ensure that all equipment within the salon is clean meeting health and safety requirements
- Liaise effectively with relevant lecturers and SSTS on the progress made by learners within the salon and training rooms providing updates on attendance, skills development and details of any assessments undertaken
- Review and develop financial systems that enable staff and students offering commercial salon services to clients/models evaluate their performance
- Monitor and reconcile salon budgets.
- To be accountable for the generation and achievement of sales volume and income targets.
- To monitor all stock relating to hairdressing, beauty therapy and media make-up within the salon and liaise with technicians to ensure orders are placed to replenish stock when required.
- Manage capital equipment, semi consumables and consumable stock items within the commercial salon to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Undertake Health & Safety risk assessments and ensure all working practices are compliant with industry legislation (e.g. COSHH)
- Liaise with the college marketing department to ensure the salon is effectively marketed to maximise the number of clients and the range of treatments requested.
- Ensure the iSalon system is effectively used and up to date.Updating can include client records, stock records and client bookings, staffing/ student rotas, service and retail management and marketing purposes.
- Liaise with corporate facilities where specialist cleaning is required and ensure this is undertaken.
- Liaise with the departmental service and repair contractor to ensure all equipment is in working order and meets Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.