To provide students with industry specific knowledge, To supervise, coach and train students and assist with the assessment of students and also the department. Meet targets for commercial income across all provision.
- To work with the organisational, client and statutory policies and regulations regarding Hygiene, Health and Safety, COSHH, Fire, Security, Alarms, Energy Conservation, Recycling, Food Safety and HACCP are complied with at all times. To comply with safer food better business
- To be proactive in compliance with allergens and labelling
- To report for duty at all times at the correct time, clean, tidy, and wearing a correctly maintained uniform as per the college standard.
- To wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required when carrying out specific duties in accordance with the college Health and Safety policy.
- To prepare and present all meals and services to the college’s standard and the Customer’s satisfaction.
- To set the example by being professional at all times.
- Assisting with the supervision of students on work experience placements and all staff to ensure excellent customer service is provided while minimising waste maximising profit
- To contribute to the creation of your sections’ menus with guidance from the head of hospitality and catering (or assistant head) as required
- To Work with technicians to ensure accurate stock ordering and storage and dating in accordance with food safety regulations
- To assist in the allocation of student duties and to supervise them in cooking of dishes, giving technical advice and guidance when necessary
- To ensure that supplies are properly used and accounted for.
- To work within cost and production constraints as required in accordance with departmental requirements
- To ensure the correct storage and labelling of food in accordance with Health and Safety Standards
- Ensuring all serving staff are informed and are complying with the menus and portion sizes as required
- Assisting with the preparation of the menu for the day
- Making sure that food is ready to be served according to menu specification, correct portion control and the correct garnish as to what food item being served
- Making sure that temperature checks are recorded for each meal and documented during service on (Mk (f) 07.) considering all hot meals to be above 76° Celsius.
- Insuring that all food preparations have been done for the next day before the students have gone home.
- Assisting with storage and stock rotation of all products.
- To ensure that areas under your control are kept clean and tidy as required by food hygiene standards at all times
- To assist in other kitchens as and when necessary within the college
- To assist in other catering areas (Front of House, Hospitality, Catering) as and when requested
- To Co-ordinate and be actively involved with foodservice and the care of customers
- To report any complaint, compliment or incident of accident, near miss, fire, theft, loss, damage or other irregularity to the Head of Hospitality and Catering or to the Assistant Head of Hospitality and Catering
- To promote a friendly, helpful and professional service and co-ordinate and respond positively to student feedback, delivering excellent customer service at all times
- To attend all mandatory meetings and training courses as required for the betterment of the operation and personal development
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required
Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
SALARY SCALE: £20,054.53 per annum pro rata i.e. £14,930.60 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 31 hours per week - Term Time Only (40 weeks)
Work Pattern: Monday to Thursday, 7.30am - 2.30pm and Friday, 9am - 2.30pm. There must be flexibility to work any shift.
CLOSING DATE: 15th August 2022
Use our online portal to apply