Apprenticeship Engagement and Recruitment Advisor
To support the College’s apprenticeship targets by providing efficient and effective placement services for Apprenticeships.
To co-ordinate the Apprenticeship vacancy matching process.
To work with the Work Placement Co-ordinator to provide and to be part of a seamless approach with students that enhances all opportunities around employability skills and employment opportunities.
To maintain high standards of service to learners and potential learners and to employers who provide apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities.
Maintain positive working relationship with key stakeholders including schools, Positive Steps, NAS, JCP and the National Careers Service.
Apprenticeships are changing and the post-holder must remain responsive to changing demands of the role within the Grade.
- To co-ordinate the Apprenticeship admissions and recruitment process in conjunction with the College Admissions team.
- Responsible for generating Apprenticeship applications, paper based pre-screening, telephone interviewing, arranging and face to face interviews between the Employer and candidates.
- To work to targets and timescales and provide reports on applications, candidates and successful outcomes.
- To upload Apprenticeship vacancies to the National Apprenticeship Vacancy Service, the College website and other platforms as directed. To ensure all platforms are updated, monitored and closed out accordingly.
- To coach and develop those seeking an Apprenticeship and offer advice and guidance on apprenticeships.
- To work with Student Support Tutors to co-ordinate the admissions process for study programme students who wish to move into an Apprenticeship.
- To co-ordinate apprenticeship recruitment events for suitable candidates and invite for interview and assessment.
- To take an active role in campaigns such as National Apprenticeship Week and College School liaison events.
- To ensure all Apprenticeship applicants are dealt with to the highest standard within an agreed timeframe.
- Work closely with the Employer Services Team to ensure that:-
- Employers are kept fully informed of progress of recruitment to their vacancy.
- Interview dates are secured.
- Successful induction of placed apprentice.
- Consultants are informed of the number of candidates available in talent pool and the type / sector of vacancies required.
- Build and maintain an effective relationship with our employers, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with relevant College support services to ensure that the apprenticeship engagement process is fully supported and promoted to students.
- Capture employer feedback and provide feedback to candidates following application and interview.
- Collaborate with Work Experience and Careers Team to maximise opportunity for those who may wish to seek an apprenticeship following on from work placement opportunities.
- Maintain the Apprenticeship applicant VLE designed to support job ready applicants with their employment search.Design content which is engaging, interactive and fit for purpose.Ensure job ready applicants are advised of this support and are given access.
- Ensure all potential Apprentices complete an Initial Assessment as part of their interview to ascertain their suitability and current working level for English and maths.
- Maintain accurate records on current, past and filled vacancies.
- Monitor Social Media platforms and utilise to engage with apprentices, learners, employers, partners etc.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR A POSITION PLEASE SEND A COPY OF YOUR CV TO HR@HOPWOOD.AC.UK. PLEASE REVIEW THE “GUIDANCE FOR APPLICANTS” DOCUMENT BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CV.
SALARY SCALE: £22,620.76 - £24,813.41 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 20th January 2021