Animal Care Instructor
Instruct groups of students and assess their skills in animal care and animal management. To enable students to learn and achieve.
- To be responsible for the instructionof students in in animal care/horticulture and animal management
- Supervision, assessment, evaluation, training and monitoring of students working in in animal care/horticulture and animal management (in line with awarding body standards).
- Maintain assessment paperwork and ensure Internal Verification procedures are followed.
- Manage and supervise students to ensure that all areas of the animal unit/horticulture and animal centre are clean; meeting health and safety requirements.
- Manage and supervise students to ensure that all equipment within the animal unit/horticulture and animal centre are, clean meeting health and safety requirements
- Liaise effectively with relevant lecturers on the progress made by learners within the animal unit/horticulture and animal centre providing updates on skills development and details of any assessments undertaken
- In liaison with the animal technicianshelp maintain animal food stock levels to ensure all animals have food and water available as stated in the standard operating procedures
- To monitor all stock relating to animal care and animal management to ensure orders are placed to replenish stock when required.
- Undertake Health & Safety risk assessments and ensure all working practices are compliant with industry legislation (e.g. COSHH)
- To ensure that accurate records of animals are kept and the data inputted onto computer systems and paper systems.
- To follow the currentLife Sciences Animal Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist in the planning of breeding programmes both for sustainability and food sources
- To help maintain all animal areas within Life Sciences to include the internal animal rooms and external enclosures
- Liaise with corporate facilities where specialist cleaning is required and ensure this is undertaken
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
SALARY SCALE: £22620.76 - £27,331.33 pro rata per annum i.e. £11310.38 - £13,665.67 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 18 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 7th May 2021
Use our online portal to apply