Advanced Practitioner - Apprenticeship Team
To provide focused support developing new and existing staff including agency staff to improve the standards of teaching, learning and assessment working with our assessors within Training@Hopwood.
- Plan and deliver CPD training sessions to meet the needs of apprenticeship team and the end point assessment.
- Identify and design creative teaching, learning and assessment staff development activities.
- Effectively coach and mentor the team of delivery staff to drive improvements and develop outstanding practice in teaching, learning and assessment.
- To use observation data and performance indicators to produce a training and development plan in order to support staff improvements within Training@Hopwood.
- To undertake supportive observations of teaching, learning and assessment as required.
- To contribute to the College Training and Development Plan by delivering CPD activities.
- To act as an exemplar of good practice and innovation and be responsible for the development of teaching and learning within Training@Hopwood in order to encourage and support the development and sharing of good practice in peers.
- Consistently deliver innovative and outstanding teaching and learning sessions.
- Demonstrate expertise and effectiveness through exemplary assessment practice.
- Support the Head of Quality and the Director of Apprenticeships to carry out advisory observations on newly appointed staff.
- Support the peer observation process within the apprenticeship department areas and cascade good practice.
- To provide training, guidance and build confidence in the embedding of English and maths, equality & diversity and British Values into teaching, learning and assessment.
- To support activities and staff training in the Learning Lounge accordingly, including contributing to and updating the social media and blogs linked to the Learning Lounge.
- To carry out walkthroughs as requested by the Head of Quality and Director of Apprenticeships.
- To undertake supportive observations of teaching, learning and assessment and provide appropriate individual or group support as required.
- To utilise effectively the hours equated to the post and report this to the Head of Quality.
- Maintain staff development records in order to provide focused support particularly with underperforming staff.
- To undertake appropriate CPD/Staff development both internally and externally to keep abreast of teaching, learning and assessment good practice.
- Support staff to use and develop eLearning resources appropriate to the curriculum areas.
- To attend and contribute to Professional Learning Mentor meetings throughout the academic year.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.