Advanced Lecturer - Science
- To be deliver outstanding teaching and learning in line with the colleges vision and values
- To raise learner achievement rates and to develop the overall quality of the learner experience.
- To drive continuous improvement in Science through quality assurance, training and development and the co-ordination of various college wide projects.
- To provide focused support developing new and existing staff including agency staff to improve the standards of teaching, learning and assessment within the Science department.
- To teach on a wide range of full and part-time Science courses, in line with the college and curriculum area specifications.
- To contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum in the school
- To prepare and mark assessments as required within the range of programmes timetabled
- To promote and participate in the delivery of Basic / Key Skills
- To be responsible for the continuous improvement in attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement of students in designated teaching groups.
- To produce full, considered and timely reports and references on students
- To participate in student interviews, enrolment and induction, open days and other liaison activities.
- To work co-operatively within a team and attend all team meetings
- To fully participate in the college’s ILT strategy including contributing to the upkeep of the section’s intranet site
- To adopt fully all curriculum initiatives adopted by the curriculum area
- To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of specialist areas
- To maintain current and appropriate resources for all course units taught including Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, and suitable teaching materials ensuring differentiated learning opportunities are in place
- To contribute to the total learning experience of students within the curriculum area
- To ensure the application of Inclusive Learning in all areas of activity
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
Advanced Lecturer Duties
- To lead on the Laboratory Technician T-Level teaching delivery and planning
- Plan and deliver CPD training sessions to meet the needs of the Science team
- Identify and design creative teaching, learning and assessment staff development activities.
- Effectively coach and mentor the team of delivery staff to drive improvements and develop outstanding practice in teaching, learning and assessment.
- To use observation data and performance indicators to produce a training and development plan in order to support staff improvements within the Science department.
- To undertake supportive observations of teaching, learning and assessment as required.
- To contribute to the College Training and Development Plan by delivering CPD activities.
- To act as an exemplar of good practice and innovation and be responsible for the development of teaching and learning within Science in order to encourage and support the development and sharing of good practice in peers.
- Demonstrate expertise and effectiveness through exemplary assessment practice.
- Support the Programme Manager and Centre Director to carry out advisory observations on newly appointed staff.
- Support the peer observation process within the Science department and cascade good practice. Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
- HOURS OF DUTY: 37 per week
- SALARY SCALE: £37,088.10 pro rata per annum
- CLOSING DATE: 12th January 2022
- Use our online portal to apply