Academic Support Tutor - Maths
To provide dedicated academic support both in and out of class for learners of Maths who have been identified as requiring additional input at various levels to help them achieve and progress.
To work closely with the cross college Maths & English teaching teams to put in place suitable support for learners.
- To provide both in and out of class support for learners in need of support with Maths through one-to-one and small group sessions to help learners achieve and progress.
- With guidance from the Maths and English teaching teams, support learners in tutor designated activities to adapt and modify materials as required to meet the needs of learners.
- To maintain accurate records of work with each assigned student, which are updated, monitored and reviewed on a regular basis and to liaise, on a regular basis, with the designated line manager to report of progress with assigned students.
- To closely monitor identified individual learner progress in Maths
- To work closely with curriculum teams to report and update on learner progress and ensure relevant support plans and strategies are delivered.
- To maintain accurate and comprehensive learner tracking monitoring and support records, including the Individual Learning Plan, registers and support interventions.
- To help learners promote independent learning, build motivation and develop their study and organisational skills
- To actively promote and safeguard the welfare of learners
- To build effective positive relationships with learners and staff
- To ensure key college policies are implemented effectively – in particular Safeguarding, Student Disciplinary, Anti Bullying, Harassment and Victimisation, Single Equality Scheme
- To actively participate in regular staff development sessions to update qualifications skills and knowledge
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
SALARY SCALE: £18,892.76 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (45.08 weeks paid)
CLOSING DATE: 16th June 2019
Use our online portal to apply