INFORMATION FOR APPRENTICES AND EMPLOYERS
The College would like to assure Apprentices and Employers that we will continue to offer the same level of support and guidance during the current pandemic. It remains our priority to help those who are – or plan to – undertake an apprenticeship.
While the way in which learning is provided will be different, we aim to ensure the same high standard of teaching so that our Apprentices still have the same opportunity to reach their full potential. We would encourage both Apprentices and Employers to keep checking our website for updates as we all look forward to a brighter future.
Apprentices will be able to access remote learning through the ItsLearning platform. This will include both the practical and theory elements of the Apprenticeship. All learners will still receive regular tasks from their Work Based Tutor via their OneFile account. They will still need to log their off-the-job hours and submit work which will be marked remotely.
A welfare call will be completed weekly to enable Employers and their Apprentice to inform the College of any changes in the workplace. Employers can also log into OneFile to view Apprentices’ progress. If you are having difficulties with using OneFile, please contact email@example.com.
The Work Based Tutor is available to support Employers and their Apprentice through this process. You can contact them via OneFile message, email and mobile. Engagement in learning will be monitored by the College’s Work Based Tutor throughout.
During this period of remote working, the College Safeguarding Team will continue to provide support and care to Apprentices and Employers. Please contact the safeguarding team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns about the welfare of any College student or Apprentice, including your own welfare.
DON'T WASH YOUR HANDS OF YOUR APPRENTICESApprentices will be key to recovery after the COVID-19 pandemic is over as they’ll be ready and resilient with fresh ideas to bring to the workplace.
Government support is available to help retain your Apprentices at risk of redundancy. You can access it HERE.
Check out the below guide for information on specific circumstances:
- Apprentices who are still working in their relevant role (either from home or in their usual workplace) can continue with their programme via the online content provided and no break in learning is required.
- Apprentice who are on furlough or leave of absence (paid) and still receiving at least national minimum wage, national living wage or national apprenticeship minimum wage (only if they are under 19 or over 19 and in their first year of their apprenticeship) whilst they are completing training (eg. online study) can continue with their programme via the online content provided (if not work-related) and no break in learning is required.
You can access more information on furlough HERE.
Please contact your training provider for additional support and guidance. Hopwood Hall Employer Services have a dedicated support team in place to support Apprentices and Employers.
The government's furlough scheme opened for claims on Monday, April 20th. Payments are made within six working days after making an application. You can find out more information HERE.
For APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATIONS, please continue to apply online as normal. Interviews will now be conducted over the telephone for the foreseeable future. During this telephone interview we will discuss:
- Your existing (or predicted) grades, particularly Maths & English
- Reasons for choosing an Apprenticeship
- Whether you have any prior knowledge/experience eg. work experience
- Whether your chosen Apprenticeship fits with your career aspirations
- Suitable attitudes & behaviours that are needed in the workplace
SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE
If you have any questions regarding your Apprenticeship application, please email email@example.com, including your student/application number.
Resources and activities will be accessible to help support you in securing an Apprenticeship, including some funded accredited courses (19+). Details of these will be emailed out when available so please ensure you check your email regularly.
If you require help putting together a CV, please feel free to use this template.
Please follow us on Twitter @HHC_Apps for the
most up to date information.