Working at Hopwood Hall College
Hopwood Hall College is committed to protecting young people and vulnerable adults from harm.
As a Safe Organisation: We ensure that our governing body, all our employees, agency staff and volunteers are aware of their responsibilities to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
How we do this: Safer recruitment of staff to work with young people and vulnerable adults. Clear expectations of staff about personal conduct and responsibility to promote the well-being of young people and vulnerable adults at all times.Good induction systems and ongoing training/updates for staff on safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults. Access to information and guidance on procedures for child protection and protection of vulnerable adults. A team of named managers trained to provide access to specialist advice on child protection and the protection of vulnerable adults. Sound data protection, information sharing and referral procedures. The promotion of a culture of safeguarding throughout the college. Listening to the concerns of young people and vulnerable adults with an open mind. Clear procedures for investigating allegations of harm to young people or vulnerable adults by persons in positions of trust within the college, including independent advice and referral to the police as necessary. Regular reporting of safeguarding incidents to the College Senior Management Team and GovernorsA clear and accessible complaints procedures where there are concerns to be raised.
Working at Hopwood Hall College comes a wide range of benefits including generous holiday and sick pay entitlements, plus a final salary pension scheme. Staff also have free access to internet and email facilities.
Other benefits include:
- Staff can use the £3 million sports arena at Middleton with the largest sports halls in the area, a fitness suite, astroturf pitch and lots more. Facilities, activities and services are available to all college staff at competitive prices and the sports arena can also be used by staff for parties, meetings and events.
- Computer purchase loans are offered for staff to purchase computer equipment for personal use.
- There are cafes, bistros and shops at both campuses, opening before lessons start, with a wide variety of food and drink available during the day and early evening.
- “The Cottons” training restaurant on the Rochdale Campus is open to college staff, students and the general public at very competitive prices! Open for lunch and dinner each weekday with theme nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- The college has Investors in People accreditation and will give consideration to any member of staff who may wish to pursue personal professional development activities.
- We have are own competitively priced reprographics service based at the Middleton Campus offering a wide range of printing facilities for both college and non-college use.
- Credit Unions in the area offer various financial services to college staff such as savings accounts, very low cost loans and free life insurance.
- A corporate uniform is offered to most support staff. It consists of a smart plain shirt and a skirt or trousers – a saving on your clothes budget!
- You can pamper yourself at “The Image” our hairdressing and beauty training salon based at the Rochdale campus. It offers a wide range of professional treatments under the supervision of qualified staff to students, staff and the general public in a salon environment but at heavily discounted prices. It opens most days 9.00am – 9.00pm so enjoy!
- A term time only nursery facility for children aged 3 months to 5 years old is managed by the qualified staff of Creche & Co Ltd . The children of students normally have priority for places but where there are spare places, they will be offered to the children of staff. The nursery is open between 8.30am to 5.00pm at the Rochdale Campus only.
The information provided above illustrates some of the non-contractual benefits of working at Hopwood Hall College and is subject to all the usual legal riders and small print such as subject to availability, cars parked at owners risk, etc.