Fantastic story about our Professional Catering students getting involved in a local charity scheme to feed those facing financial difficulty. Read the full story here: https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/114845/hopwood-hall-students-cook-up-christmas-cheer-for-charity-scheme
College is not just about studying for a qualification. Students have the opportunity to take advantage of a variety of enrichment activities to make the most of their time with us.
We offer a wide programme of enrichment activities for students to enjoy, enhancing their CV and future job prospects and expanding their circle of friends. From volunteering, joining a sports team, attending a creative class, or playing in a games competition in the common rooms, participating in enrichment activities is an important way for learners to make the most of college life, in addition to their main course of study.
Enrichment activities include:
- Team sports including football, netball and rugby
- Dance and aerobics classes
- Fantastic student social spaces with pool tables, table tennis, computers and game consoles
- Free access to the Sports Arena gym and fitness classes
- Volunteering opportunities
- Learner engagement activities
- Work experience
- Educational visits and residential trips
- Charity fund raising
Most enrichment activities take place on Wednesday afternoons and also include themed focus weeks developed around the Every Learner Matters agenda.