FDSc in Sport Coaching and Performance AnalysisApply Now
This course will enable you to demonstrate knowledge of relevant sports coaching and analysis practices and the application of sports science to coaching practice. You will also be able to demonstrate the ability to identify and use relevant information and data from the academic literature and apply practical knowledge to sub-elite and elite sport contexts.
The cost of this programme is £6,000. Financial support is available from Student Finance and more information can be obtained from them or our Student and College Services team.
Awarding body: University of Salford
Award: FdSc Sports Coaching
- 80 UCAS points
- At least 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English
Are you looking for a career working in sports coaching? The new course devised in collaboration with the University of Salford offers students the opportunity to develop your knowledge of relevant sports coaching and analysis practices and the application of sports science to coaching practice. You will also be able to develop your ability to identify and use relevant information and data from the academic literature and apply practical knowledge to sub-elite and elite sport contexts.
A range of teaching and learning strategies will be employed reflecting the aims and objectives of each module. They will include: Lectures, Practical sessions. Tutorials: Tutorials (classroom and computer-based) will be used to encourage and develop problem solving skills, and to broaden engagement with core theories and concepts explored in previous lectures, Seminars (group tasks, presentations, discussions) and Self Directed learning will be allocated to enable students to prepare work for tutorials, presentations, and practical sessions.
Alongside your studies you will also have the opportunity to obtain several addition coaching qualifications. This year students have completed, First Aid Courses, Football Coaching courses, Basketball Coaching Courses and Multi Skills Coaching qualifications.
In year 1 you will study:
- Anatomy and Physiology (20 credits)
- Talent Identification and Development (20 credits)
- Sports Development (20 credits)
- Sports Coaching 1 (20 credits)
- Developing Academic and Professional Skills (20 credits)
- Fitness testing and sports training (20 credits)
In Year 2 you will study:
- Research Methods (20 credits)
- Introduction to Sport Psychology (20 credits)
- Strength & Conditioning for Sports Coaches (20 credits)
- Performance Analysis for Sports Coaches (20 credits)
- Applying Sports Coaching Pedagogy (20 credits)
- Applied Practitioner Skills in Sports Coaching (20 credits)
On successful completion of the Foundation Degree you can apply to study for a further year on the University of Salford's BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching Analysis top-up (one year) degree programme or apply for other sport or leisure degree programmes at other learning providers.